KALA CHANA RECIPE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Experience the wholesome delight of Nutrition with this Kala Chana Recipe For Weight Loss. Discover a delicious way to support your weight loss journey with our nutrientpacked Kala Chana recipe. Bursting with flavors and health benefits, this dish is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a valuable addition to your weight loss diet.
Ingredients for Kala Chana
- 1 cup Kala Chana (black chickpeas), soaked overnight
- 2 mediumsized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingergarlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Serving Size &Cooking Time
Serves : 4
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Calories : per serving 220 kcal
Protein : 8g
Carbohydrates : 35g
Fat : 7g
Stepwise Cooking Instructions
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, and let them splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add gingergarlic paste, green chilies, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and oil starts to separate.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add soaked Kala Chana and mix until the spices coat the chickpeas evenly.
- Add water, cover the pan, and let it simmer for 2025 minutes or until the chana is tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Kala Chana Packed with protein and fiber, Kala Chana promotes satiety, aiding in weight loss.
Tomatoes Rich in antioxidants like lycopene, supporting overall health.
Onions Low in calories and high in flavor, onions add a nutritional punch.
Spices Turmeric and chili powder offer antiinflammatory and metabolismboosting benefits.
Cooking Oil Provides healthy fats for sustained energy.
Iron: Kala Chana is an excellent source of iron, essential for transporting oxygen in the body.
Folate: Contributes to cell division and helps prevent neural tube defects.
Vitamin C: Found in tomatoes, it enhances iron absorption for better utilization.
Indulge in this delectable Kala Chana recipe to support your weight loss goals while savoring the goodness of wholesome ingredients. Make it a regular part of your diet and enjoy a flavorful journey to a healthier you!
Weight Loss related Tips while Cooking Kala Chana
Embarking on a weight loss journey doesn't mean compromising on flavor. Kala Chana, or black chickpeas, is an excellent addition to your diet, contributing to both taste and weight management. Here are some weight lossrelated tips to keep in mind while preparing this wholesome dish.
- Portion Control: While Kala Chana is nutrientdense, it's crucial to maintain portion control. Stick to recommended serving sizes to manage caloric intake effectively.
- Use Healthy Cooking Methods: Opt for healthier cooking methods like sautéing or boiling instead of deepfrying. This reduces the overall calorie content of the dish while preserving the nutritional value of Kala Chana.
- Incorporate Whole Ingredients: Including whole and fresh ingredients enhances the nutritional profile of your meal. Fresh tomatoes, onions, and green chilies not only add flavor but also provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- Limit Added Fats: While the recipe includes cooking oil, be mindful of the quantity. Use hearthealthy oils in moderation to keep the calorie count in check.
- Choose Lean Protein: Kala Chana is an excellent source of plantbased protein, making it an ideal choice for those focusing on weight loss. Protein helps in maintaining muscle mass and promoting a feeling of fullness.
By applying these tips, you can relish the goodness of Kala Chana while aligning your culinary choices with your weight loss goals.
Why Kala Chana is Good for Weight Loss
Kala Chana, also known as black chickpeas, is a nutritional powerhouse that offers numerous benefits for individuals striving for weight loss. Understanding why Kala Chana is good for weight loss can help you make informed dietary choices and create meals that support your health and fitness goals.
- High Fiber Content: Kala Chana is rich in dietary fiber, promoting a feeling of fullness and reducing overall calorie intake. The fiber content also aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels, contributing to weight management.
- ProteinPacked: As a plantbased protein source, Kala Chana provides a significant protein boost without the saturated fats found in some animalbased proteins. Protein plays a crucial role in preserving lean muscle mass, supporting metabolism, and enhancing satiety.
- Low in Calories: Kala Chana is relatively low in calories, making it an excellent choice for those aiming to create a calorie deficit for weight loss. Its nutrient density ensures you get essential vitamins and minerals without excess energy.
- Complex Carbohydrates: The complex carbohydrates in Kala Chana are slowly digested, providing a sustained release of energy. This helps in avoiding energy crashes and unnecessary snacking, contributing to weight management.
- Nutrient Profile: Kala Chana is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including iron, folate, and magnesium. These nutrients support overall health and wellbeing, ensuring that you receive essential elements while on a weight loss journey.
Incorporating Kala Chana into your diet can be a flavorful and nutritious way to enhance your weight loss efforts. Its combination of fiber, protein, and lowcalorie content makes it a valuable asset in creating balanced and satisfying meals.
Recipe FAQs of Kala Chana
As you embark on preparing the delectable Kala Chana recipe for weight loss, you might have some questions. Let's address the frequently asked questions to ensure a smooth cooking experience.
- Can I use canned Kala Chana?
Yes, you can use canned Kala Chana for convenience. However, rinsing them thoroughly before use helps reduce sodium content.
- Is this recipe suitable for a vegan diet?
Absolutely! The recipe is entirely plantbased, making it suitable for vegans and those looking for meatless options.
- Can I adjust the spice level?
Certainly! Adjust the quantity of green chilies and red chili powder according to your spice preference.
- How long should I soak Kala Chana?
Soak Kala Chana overnight or for at least 8 hours to ensure they cook evenly and become tender.
- Are there alternatives to cooking oil?
Yes, you can use alternatives like olive oil or coconut oil for a different flavor profile.
- Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! Allow the Kala Chana to cool, transfer to a freezersafe container, and store for up to three months.
These FAQs aim to address common queries, ensuring you have all the information needed to master this Kala Chana recipe and enjoy its weight loss benefits to the fullest.
Similar Recipe for Weight Loss
Kiwi Smoothie Recipe For Weight Loss
Keto Coffee Recipe For Weight Loss
Karela Juice Recipe For Weight Loss