- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 1 pound gold potatoes, washed and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Place your chicken on a cutting board, breast side down. Using kitchen scissors, cut along the backbone of the chicken to remove it. Flip the chicken over and press it down with the palm of your hand to flatten it. Tuck the wings behind the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In a baking dish, arrange the halved gold potatoes around the edges. Drizzle the potatoes with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spatchcocked chicken on top of the potatoes and rub the garlic and rosemary mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get under the skin as well.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F or 75°C). Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
This spatchcocked chicken with gold potatoes recipe is an easy and delicious dinner idea for any day of the week. The technique of spatchcocking the chicken ensures that it cooks evenly and stays juicy, while the gold potatoes add a flavorful and filling side dish.
You can also customize the recipe by adding other vegetables such as carrots, onions, or sweet potatoes. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, or cumin.
Overall, this spatchcocked chicken with gold potatoes recipe is a perfect meal for any occasion. It is easy to prepare, flavorful, and sure to impress your guests. Serve with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
Cholesterol Dietitian in Noida