KADAI PANEER RECIPE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Experience the wholesome delight of Nutrition with this Kadai Paneer Recipe For Weight Loss. Indulge in the savory flavors of Kadai Paneer, a delectable dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also supports your weight loss journey. Packed with wholesome ingredients, this recipe brings together the richness of paneer and the aromatic blend of spices, making it a perfect addition to your healthy meal plan.
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer
- 250g paneer (cottage cheese), cubed
- 2 cups bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingergarlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons kadai masala
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Serving Size &Cooking Time
Serves : 4
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Calories : 280 per serving
Protein : 15g
Carbohydrates : 12g
Fat : 20g
Stepwise Cooking Instructions
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok, add cumin seeds, and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Stir in gingergarlic paste and green chilies, sauté for 12 minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and cook until the oil separates.
- Mix in coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Toss in bell peppers and cook until they are slightly tender.
- Add kadai masala, garam masala, and paneer cubes, gently mixing to coat the paneer evenly.
- Cook for an additional 57 minutes until the paneer is wellcooked and the flavors are infused.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Paneer provides a good source of protein and calcium, supporting muscle health and bone strength.
Bell peppers are rich in vitamins A and C, promoting skin health and boosting immunity.
Tomatoes contribute antioxidants and lycopene, known for their potential health benefits.
Cumin seeds offer iron and aid in digestion.
Turmeric provides antiinflammatory properties.
Coriander powder adds a dash of antioxidants.
Enjoy this wholesome Kadai Paneer as a flavorful companion to your weight loss journey, savoring the goodness of nutritious ingredients and aromatic spices.
Weight Loss related Tips while Cooking Kadai Paneer
Incorporating Kadai Paneer into your weight loss journey can be both delicious and beneficial. To enhance the weight loss potential of this recipe, consider the following tips:
- Portion Control: While Kadai Paneer is a flavorful dish, it's crucial to practice portion control. Opt for a moderate serving size to avoid excess calorie intake.
- Use Lean Paneer: Choose lowfat paneer or prepare it at home using skimmed milk. This reduces the calorie content while still providing a good source of protein.
- Opt for Healthy Cooking Oils: Use hearthealthy cooking oils like canola oil or mustard oil in moderation. These oils add a nutritious touch without compromising on taste.
- Increase Vegetable Content: Load up on colorful vegetables like bell peppers and tomatoes. These add bulk to the dish, increasing satiety with fewer calories.
- Spice it Up: The spices in Kadai Paneer not only enhance the flavor but also offer potential metabolismboosting benefits. Incorporate metabolismfriendly spices like cumin and turmeric for an added health boost.
- Accompany with Greens: Serve Kadai Paneer with a side of leafy greens or a light salad. This adds fiber and nutrients, promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Mindful Eating: Practice mindful eating by savoring each bite slowly. This allows your body to recognize satiety signals, preventing overeating.
By implementing these tips, you can enjoy Kadai Paneer as a satisfying and weightlossfriendly meal.
Why Kadai Paneer is Good for Weight Loss
Kadai Paneer isn't just a flavorful delight; it also aligns with weight loss goals. Here's why incorporating Kadai Paneer into your diet can be beneficial for weight management:
- High Protein Content: Paneer, the star ingredient of Kadai Paneer, is rich in protein. Protein plays a crucial role in weight loss by promoting a feeling of fullness, reducing overall calorie intake.
- Low Carbohydrate Content: Kadai Paneer is relatively low in carbohydrates, making it suitable for those following lowcarb or ketogenic diets. This helps control blood sugar levels and aids in weight loss.
- Healthy Fats: The use of healthy cooking oils and the natural fats in paneer contribute to the dish's healthy fat content. These fats are essential for nutrient absorption and satiety.
- MetabolismBoosting Spices: The spices like cumin, coriander, and turmeric not only enhance flavor but also have potential metabolismboosting properties. A faster metabolism aids in burning calories more efficiently.
- NutrientDense Vegetables: Bell peppers and tomatoes add not only vibrant colors but also essential vitamins and minerals. These micronutrients support overall health and wellbeing.
- Versatility in Preparation: Kadai Paneer allows for variations based on dietary preferences. You can customize the recipe to fit into a lowcalorie or highfiber diet by adjusting the ingredients.
- Satiety and Flavor Combination: The combination of protein, healthy fats, and fiber from vegetables in Kadai Paneer contributes to a satisfying meal. The rich flavors also make it a tasty alternative to less healthy options.
In summary, Kadai Paneer offers a balance of macronutrients, incorporates metabolismboosting spices, and provides a satiating and delicious option for those aiming for weight loss.
Recipe FAQs of Kadai Paneer
- Is Kadai Paneer Suitable for a Weight Loss Diet?
Yes, Kadai Paneer can be part of a weight loss diet when consumed in moderation. Use lean paneer, control portion sizes, and pair it with nutrientdense sides for a wellbalanced meal.
- Can I Make Kadai Paneer in Advance?
Absolutely! Kadai Paneer can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 23 days. Reheat it gently on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
- Can I Freeze Kadai Paneer?
While freezing may affect the texture of paneer, the curry itself can be frozen for up to a month. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator and reheat thoroughly before serving.
- What Can I Substitute for Paneer in Kadai Paneer?
If you're looking for a vegan or lowercalorie option, you can substitute paneer with tofu or even vegetables like mushrooms or mixed bell peppers.
- How Do I Adjust the Spice Level in Kadai Paneer?
To control the spice level, adjust the quantity of green chilies and red chili powder. You can also reduce the amount of kadai masala for a milder flavor.
- Is Kadai Paneer GlutenFree?
Yes, Kadai Paneer is glutenfree. Ensure that the spices and other ingredients used are also free from gluten contaminants.
- Can I Add More Vegetables to Kadai Paneer?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables like zucchini, broccoli, or carrots for added nutrition and flavor.
These FAQs provide additional insights into the preparation, storage, and customization of Kadai Paneer, making it a versatile and convenient option for those focused on weight loss.
Similar Recipe for Weight Loss
Kokum Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
Kale Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
Kala Chana Recipe For Weight Loss